Thursday, November 6, 2008

CVS - Coke Products



CVS has 12 packs of Coke products on sale for $4/12. When you buy 4 you also get $3.00 in Extracare Bucks. Thus, it's like paying $2.25 per 12-pack after ExtraCare Bucks.

I personally have a firm $3.00 per 12-pack spending limit. I will not purchase a 12-pack at a price above this threshold and honestly I prefer it to be a maximum of $2.99 rather than $3.00. For some reason that extra penny makes me cringe even though it is technically within my personal limit.

It used to be very common to regularly find 12-packs at $2.00 and occasionally even $1.75, but over the past several years I have been alarmed at the prices I have seen for 12-packs all across the country. At first I thought it was just a west coast and urban-city occurrence, but I have frequently seen 12-packs priced in the high $4.00 to $6.00 range in a variety of geographic locations and retail establishments. (Soda at this price is absurb and is the point where my consumption will decrease signifcantly or cease completely.)

Then for a period of time I noticed that I could frequently find Coke products in my price range, but the store sale would have stipulations requiring that multiple 12-packs be purchased in the same transaction in order to get an acceptable price. Since I do not have a car or means to carry mutiple 12-packs I became agitated with these type of buy more and save sales.

While this ExtraCare Bucks reward does still require the purchase of multiple 12-packs, the great thing about this CVS ExtraCare Bucks reward is that all the 12-packs do not need to be purchased at the same time, just within the same week. Thus, you can buy and haul away one 12-pack at a time until you get to four 12-packs. Plus, even if you didn't purchase four 12-packs to get the ExtraCare Bucks, the sale price is still an acceptable price on its own.

No comments: