Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Target – Vitamin Water



Buy 10-20 oz bottles of Vitamin Water for $10 thru 10/18 and receive a $5 Target GiftCard. Limit 3. With the $5 GiftCard it makes it like paying $.50 a bottle.

I was reluctant to do this deal as I figured the Gatorade at CVS was a better deal at $.40 for a 32 oz bottle, but nonetheless I did this deal mostly because I was curious about this GiftCard business. I had heard about it before, but didn’t have any firsthand experience with it. I thought for sure I was going to have some type of difficulty getting the card from the cashier. But, to my delight it was a rather smooth process. After the specified quantity is rung up there is a message on the screen directing the cashier to give you a GiftCard for the advertised amount. From my perspective, this process is much like a catalina or Register Reward, but a little better since it is not just a coupon with an expiration date. It is an actual GiftCard that you can keep as long as you like and even use at Target.com. One thing I did later notice on my receipt though is that Target technically charges you for the GiftCard and then later takes the price of the GiftCard off at the end. The problem with this is that I was charge tax on my $5 GiftCard and thus reducing it’s value and increasing my per bottle cost in some respects. Then again, maybe I am just over analyzing. But, that's what I do when I don't have a job and just spent $5 on some frilly water that I normally only enjoy when I can charge it to an expense account and then discover that all but one of the flavors tastes funky. Perhaps I would be a little more willing to overlook the funk if I had some $.50/1 coupons from tearpads that are floating around to go with it or even a peelie for free Powerade when you buy 10 Vitamin Waters. Oh well. Nonetheless, if you actually like Vitamin Water, it is still a good bargain.

No comments: