Saturday, September 20, 2008

How I First Met Walgreens

After moving at the end of middle school to start high school, the community I moved to had drugstores. Next to one grocery store, there was an Eckerds and across the street next to another grocery store there was a Walgreens. At this point, I had no expectations of drugstore shopping and thought nothing of it when I first carelessly strolled into my first drugstore. As usual, I was just diverting to the nearest store to pick up a few basic necessities. That’s when it hit me, completely unexpectedly and out-of-the-blue. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the Easy Saver rebate catalog. I picked it up and checked it out, flipping thru all the pages and reading the fine print. It seemed like it couldn’t hurt to give it a chance. I also subsequently discovered Eckerds rebate program and found it to be strikingly similar. So there I was a new girl in a town with two different major drugstores in walking distance of each other and both vying for my attention.

No comments: