Monday, May 18, 2009

RedBox - Free DVD Rental



It's a sad, sad world. First, Walgreens EasySaver and now RedBox's Monday Movies. The world is coming to an end one promotion program after another. But, to be honest, I don't really care about RedBox. I have never rented a movie from RedBox under the promotion or otherwise. I care more about Walgreens and I have been holding my statement on the situtation for a while I morn, but I will release soon. In regards to RedBox, last week, 5/11, was the last week of RedBox's Free Monday Movie program. However, to put a spin on this Debbie Downer news, RedBox is wrapping the message in a guise that they are extending the program on a monthly basis. Here is what they have to say:

The redbox Free Movie Monday promotion, inviting consumers to receive a free rental code via text message every Monday, will be extended through August. Originally slated to end May 11, redbox will extend the promotion due to consumer popularity and will transition from a weekly free code to a monthly free code.

The Free Movie Monday monthly code will be distributed via text on the first Monday of every month, beginning June 1. To register or view promotion details, go to www.redbox.com. The last Free Movie Monday weekly rental code will be distributed May 11.

See release here. I guess it's all a matter of persective.

No comments: