Tuesday, May 19, 2009

California Tortilla - Pop Tart Day - Wednesday, May 20, 2009


California Tortilla will host its 15th Annual Pop-Tart Day promotion on May 20. As such, California Tortilla will be giving everyone (with purchase) a free Pop Tart and one lucky customer from each store will find a golden ticket in his or her Pop Tart packet that entitles the bearer to one free burrito every week for a year.

Sounds very Willy Wonka-ish, right? I think that is the only reason I am bothering to mention this promotion. A free pop tart by itself is nothing to get excited about, especially since a purchase may be required. Plus, I feel techically requiring a purchase would change the legal classification of this deal-y thing, but I will leave that to someone who actually cares to fuss about. I am just enticed by the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory connection. I could go on and on about my childhood experience with the movie, but in short I appreciate how Charlie was such a good kid and I hope a "good kid" wins the free burritos for a year. To an extent, I hope I win the burritos. But then again, despite my love of tacos, I am not really fond of California Tortilla.

No comments: